Sunday, July 13, 2014

Returning to Uganda East Africa!

It's been 7 months since I left Uganda and I've missed it every day for all that time. I came back to the U.S. to rest and recuperate and I can say now that I have fully recovered and am ready to go now! God blessed me with the money for my plane ticket at the end of June! I will leave from Buffalo Niagara International Airport on July 21st! I have my Malaria prevention tablets and am going to start taking them two days before I get on the plane. I am mentally packed but will wait until a day or two before I leave to actually pack everything. Items have been purchased to bring back with me that will make life there a little easier for me. I know now what to expect and also how to be proactive in solving some of the problems I endured the first time. I still need a refrigerator but am trusting God to help me get one. (about $150-$200 used)

I'm looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones I've met online since I left. I am excited to get back there and continue the work we started in creating and initially building Many Mansions of Christ International-Uganda. After almost one year since creating the constitution for it and then later submitting it for approval at the Ministry of Internal Affairs, we received word that the registration process had been successful and MMOCI was now officially registered to operate as a Non-Governmental Organization in the country of Uganda! Our certificates were obtained in June and we couldn't be more happy to have them! Every journey begins with the first step. This was a huge official first step!


We pray that God will continue to bless us in our efforts and anyone who we are able to support! We have been able to start this ministry with the help of amazing people who felt it in their hearts to help those less fortunate. We are eternally grateful as are the ones who are receiving help with school fees and those who we have been able to give food and some small money to. We currently have several more children who need sponsors for school fees and also who have urgent medical needs listed on our webpage. http://manymansions11.wix.com/many-mansions-11#!mmoci-kids/clci We are also currently looking for volunteer help in creating a more permanent and effective webpage as well. 

We are trusting God for all provisions to help Many Mansions of Christ International continue to grow and be able to assist many in need in Uganda and eventually other countries in East Africa. We have plans to start income generating projects but need the funding for them. But with God ALL things are possible!

As I await my final days before I leave for Africa again, I will be thinking of those I am leaving behind as much as those I will soon be seeing. I have had a great stay in New York and am SO thankful for the love and care I have received since getting off the plane December 10th 2013 so very weak and ill. I love my family with all my heart and am thankful for their open minds and hearts to let me spread my wings and fly away to do what God has called me to do! 

I hope if there is anything they can gain from me and my experiences, it would be to have confidence in following their dreams and goals in life no matter what obstacles may get in their way. I say to anyone who feels empty and unfulfilled inside, please realize your passion in life, grab ahold of it and give it all you've got! Life is precious and short. Be happy!  

~Cheryl~

Info regarding income generating projects:

We are currently looking into starting poultry projects in Mityana and Soroti. We need donors to assist with the start up costs like renting land, building coops, buying 200 chickens per location and the salaries for two employees to manage them. 

Teaching this to the kids is also critical in preserving the country's cultural and tribal traditions as well as giving them opportunities later in life to earn money for post-secondary education and or in starting their own farms and businesses. 

Our goal this year is to raise 2 million Uganda shillings (Approx $810 US) for the poultry project and then start raising funds for cows, even starting a "buy a cow" promotion. Each cow costs 350,000 Uganda shillings (approx $141 each). Ultimately starting with 10 in Soroti, Uganda.

We currently have 3 cows! Only 7 more to go to meet our first goal of 10! 










No comments:

Post a Comment